Submitted by Edge Member – Steve Draper
- Verify "Ethernet Link" is ON at the WAP switch port using the "sh int status" command or by looking at the LED.If not, see:WAP “No LED”
- Verify switch port to router is Trunked~!~!~!~!~!~!~!.
- Verify switch port to WAP is Trunked~!~!~!~!~!~!~!.
- Make sure the WAP installer has NOT plugged the RJ-45 into the console port of the WAP.
- If WAP's switch is not directly connected to the router, make sure VTP Domain and Password are set and that the port to the upstream switch is Trunked.
- Make sure wireless VLAN is present on the switch (Even if no switch ports are in it) using the "sh vlan" command.If not, you have to create it.
- Verify the WAP has an IP address for the correct VLAN via the "sh cdp n detail" command.
- Verify that the router's IP Helper is pointing correctly in IPAM.