CenturyLink Application Aware turns Network Engineers into application performance sleuths who go beyond exonerating the Network when problems arise.Using Application Aware, Network Engineers are able to quickly determine when a user is experiencing poor response time performance, and instantly identify who owns that particular response time problem with breakdown views into where time was spent; i.e. application, network, server.Now proof can be provided to the application team illustrating exactly what the application was doing at the time of the performance degradation, thus helping them to more quickly resolve the issue.
- Passively monitors application transactions as they occur and reports response time for user, network and application tiers.
- Transaction details and summary information is stored in the appliance database it may be leveraged for troubleshooting, base lining, error detection and performance, as well as availability analysis, trend reporting and many other functions.
- Self-learning baselines provide visibility into what typical performance is vs. current performance, thus providing quick validation of performance degradation.
- Automated application discovery facilitates quick turn up, and assurance of system configuration accuracy for monitoring all applications over the long haul.
- Relevant diagnostic data can be exported from the system in the form of detailed application transaction reports, or as packet streams, that allow the event to be reconstructed as it was experienced by the end user.